Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wino Wednesday - Easiest One Yet

Ever have one of those nights when you are sipping some wine and just want a super quick, simple craft to complete? No? Just me?

Well. Tonight was one of those nights for me. And I had the perfect pin! There's something about the pure simplicity of the second picture on the website that really tugged at my crafting heart strings. Plus, the tree looks difficult.

First, I got my supplies.

Not shown is the obligatory glass of wine full of... you know... wine. Get you some!

Next - I just went at it with the pen. It's truly that simple. Also, the pens I got worked so well! They dried fast, but were pretty precise and ran smooth over the glass. The trick to them is that how you use them and on what is completely trial and error. The single pens don't have any instructions on it except for how to get the paint flowing, so I just kind of guessed at it, as per usual. I did cheat a little - the store had a pack of 8 that had a few more words of instruction ("Great on glass!") so I went for it.

A couple five minutes later, I had my cute little glasses
Obviously, they are probably hand-wash only with a no-scrub rule, but I do see these being rather festive for Christmas.

You heard me - Christmas. It's almost close enough to being acceptable to bring out my crazy.

Seriously though - just picture it: a hand painted wine glass with some fancy chocolates in it wrapped in cellophane with a bright bow? It's almost like I'm writing your to do list for hostess gifts for you!

Here's the breakdown for this super simple one:
- 2 Painters pens (one gold, one silver) - $1.29 each at Walmart. Really, any paint pen would work.
- Wine Glass - $.96 at Walmart. *Side note: all of the glasses were this same price, so pint glasses, stemmed glasses, etc. will all be the same price. Get crazy and shit*
Total: $3.54 per glass (assuming you use only two colors)

Happy Thanksgiving, all. Enjoy your friends and family (and get some crazy deals on shopping, if that's your thing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment