Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fat Kid Friday - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

(Unlike every other post I've ever written, this is early. Let's call it "in preparation for" Fat Kid Friday)

I promise this isn't a cooking blog, guys. I just REALLY like food. Like... really.

And what I REALLY like on a Fat Kid Friday is chocolate. And peanut butter. And this pin puts them together in the most gorgeous of ways. I mean - how can you not pin something that looks like this:


Heck. Yes.

I didn't plan on doing another baking/cooking post, but I already had most of the supplies and a mad hinkering for cookies. Thus, the post was born.

I got started right away and gathered all the crap I needed. And it was kind of a lot of crap.


I got the dry ingredients all together a la this:


And I may not have definitely was not a clean cook. I'm kind of a mess. Mind you, I only had to take a cup and a half of flour out of the bag, but a good 3 cups ultimately came out, most of which landed on my counter, floor, stove, pants, etc.


This is a very small amount of the flour bomb that went off in my kitchen. I continued on, though, determined that I was making these cookies. And cleaning later.


The wet ingredients were quite possibly the best looking mixture I've ever done. It was so fluffy! Don't ask me if that's how it's supposed to be though. I have no clue.

So once everything was thrown together in the bowl, they had to chill. The author of the pin recommended at least 1 hour. I went 4 because I'm and over-achiever (and also forgetful). Once they chilled they were much less sticky, so it's definitely worth it to chill the mixture. Move quick though - these little bastards get sticky super quick.


So after baking, they looked crazy delicious! (P.S. This is not a dinner plate. It just looks that way. They aren't that huge.)


And yes, I couldn't let the pin show me up, so I got fancy with it.


Touche, pinterest, touche. I owned you today! These were super, super delicious and not near as sweet as they appear to be at first glance. The best part? I have never in my life made a cookie that stayed super soft for days; but THESE - these stayed soft all. week. long. In all honesty, I'm a bit more surprised that they lasted all week to know that fact.

Okay - let's assume you owned none of this. How much will this pin cost you? Let me break it down for you:

  1. Flour - $1.99
  2. Cocoa Powder - $3.29
  3. Baking Soda - $0.89
  4. Salt - $0.59
  5. Butter - $2.99
  6. Light Brown Sugar - $1.59
  7. Granulated Sugar - $2.19
  8. Peanut Butter - $1.99
  9. Egg - $3.29
  10. Vanilla Extract - $2.29
  11. Milk - $1.79
  12. Reese's miniatures - $3.69
Grand total: $26.58. Prices are from Wegmans, and yes, I chose generic where I could. Yes, twenty six bucks is super expensive. However, chances are you're going to have at least one or two of these items (egg? peanut butter? C'mon, you know you own it.) Also - it's cookies. Chalk it up to amazingness and fork it out.

Results? Heck yes - this pin is one to keep for the long haul. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment