Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

For my first trick...one of the first pins I've ever pinned: Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

I love myself anything buffalo chicken. I've been making a buffalo chicken dip for years and it is chuck-full of super fat cheeses and dressings. When I came across this pin and the pictures didn't look too weird, I thought I'd save it for a football Sunday laid-back kind of day. Four years later, I'm finally giving it a go.

Here's what you'll need (obviously, check the original pin for amounts)

This was pretty straight forward. Throw crap in a pot and heat it up. So, diligently I followed. First the cream cheese...

Next, the yogurt (which grosses me out beyond belief - the smell though!)...

Next, make it look like you killed something and throw in the hot sauce...

Blue cheese! Into the hot tub you go...

Andddd then the cheese. I cheated here. It was supposed to be "part skim", but I panicked in the cheese aisle with the sheer amount of people and grabbed the first bag I saw that said mozzarella. It was whole milk. Fail.

Then add in the chicken and stir it all together.

Then, it's just a matter of letting everything melt. Altogether, I let this go for about 8 minutes on medium heat and about 10 more minutes on medium-low heat.

*Spoiler alert* it doesn't get all that less chunky after "melting".


Survey says? Delicious. I legitimately think that this is better than the one I've been making for years!  This may or may not be due to the real blue cheese (I used to use blue cheese salad dressing), but who cares? It's healthy(er), it only has a few more ingredients than my usual, and even the husband was super impressed. It was so good, we both dug right in and didn't even get classy with a serving dish, or even pictures with a "this is good stuff" thumbs up. We just. Kept. Eating.

When I finally came up for air, I pulled out my receipt to figure out "what's the cost?" Some of these pins aren't even worth it if it's going to cost you an arm and a leg. Here's the breakdown:

Cream Cheese: $1.69
Yogurt: $2.78
Hot Sauce: $2.29
Blue Cheese: $2.89
Mozzarella: $2.59
Canned Chicken: $5.98
Chips: $2.99
Total Cost to Pull This Off: $16.74
Prices were taken from my receipt today, because yes, I owned none of it (except for the hot sauce. I have that on hand at all times and googled that price).

So, not the best cost but at least it'll feed a small crowd and once you have the ingredients you can make it again once or twice before you need to buy anything again.

This is definitely going into my football food staples. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment